Friday 7 December 2012

Journey's End

Well here we are at journey’s end.  It has taken me 11 months longer than I thought it would but it has been an interesting, informative and inspiring journey, which was uplifting in parts and depressing in others.  Most of the books I read were ones that I wouldn’t otherwise have picked up.  Some were great and a few were not.  My favourites were The Book Thief by Markus Zusack (Germany), Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver (Democratic Republic of Congo & Congo Brazzaville) and Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese (Ethiopia and Eritrea).  My least favourites were Cameroon with Egbert by Dervla Murphy (Cameroon), which was informative but very dull and Tailor of Panama by John Le Carre (Panama), which I didn’t understand!  Would I do it again?  Yes but not for a while.  My next reading challenge is going to be closer to home and will combine 2 of my hobbies – reading and ‘collecting’ islands  – Around the British Isles in 80 Island Books.  Here endeth this blog.  Thank you for reading it.   7th December 2012

1 comment:

  1. This is an awesome blog, a brilliant idea. I love the island one too. Great to meet you yesterday.
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete